Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
Mumbai Airport, being a ‘brownfield airport’, there is not much vacant land to install the solar power plant and hence, Sunshot analyzed all the possible roofs for solar installation. A world-class solar power plant has been installed in an extremely high-security zone; adhering to all the airport’s safety and security standards.
- The first airport in India to install a solar power plant under the ‘build-own-operate’ (BOO) model
- The project was completed in 5 phases
- Installations on different roof profiles – RCC roofs, metal sheet roofs, kalzip roofs, raised structures to make a covered car park area on the roof of multi-level-car-park
- The system is generating green power since 2015 and has seen ‘zero’ downtime till date.
- A world-class solar power plant has been installed in an extremely high-security zone; adhering to all the airport’s safety and security standards.
- The entire solar power plant is remotely monitored online through Sunshot’s cloud-based IoT platform. The system communicates with each inverter, energy meter, and automatically reports are generated on a real-time basis.
- Sunshot’s propitiatory controller system syncs solar plant with DG sets along with Discom meters.