Indian Railways, Pune & Hyderabad
Persistent Systems Limited, a Pune based IT giant came up with a flagship initiative of donating the solar power plants to Indian Railways. 160 kWp was installed at Pune Railway Station in the first phase, followed by Hyderabad Nampally Railway Station. The project is funded by the Persistent Foundation, the CSR arm of Persistent Systems Limited.
- At Pune, the system is installed on the RCC rooftop of the reservation building and platform no. 1. Similarly, at Hyderabad, the system is installed on the galvanium sheet roofs of platform no. 5 and 6.
- A peculiar feature of the system installed at Hyderabad is that the panels are pasted on the East-West facing roof structures of the platforms.
- At Pune, about 60% of the total day-time power requirement has been taken up by solar. Similarly, the plant at Hyderabad in contributing to 16% of the station’s power requirements.
- The solar plant was inaugurated by Hon. Railway Minister, Shri Suresh Prabhu.
- The entire system is monitored online. Sunshot’s proprietary system ensures that the data acquired from inverters and weather station is stored in a cloud network, and is monitored by the client to evaluate various performance parameters. It is also used for conducting preventive maintenance activities.