Taj Madras Flight Kitchen, Chennai
The system is installed on the RCC rooftop of the facility. A large portion of the solar plant has been installed on an elevated structure. The idea was to use the space beneath the elevated structure as a rooftop cafeteria or as a space for conducting company events and functions.
- Taj Madras Flight Kitchen is a part of TajSats Air Catering Limited. The company is a market leader in airline catering. The facility is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and advanced kitchen equipment for efficient and hygienic food production and handling
- Taj Madras consumes a high amount of electricity for its cooking operations, water heating, refrigeration, and storage requirements. In a move to go green and cut energy costs, the company has installed a solar power plant at the catering facility rooftop in Chennai.
- A large portion of the solar plant has been installed on an elevated structure. The idea is to use the space beneath the elevated structure as a rooftop cafeteria or as a space for conducting company events and functions
- There are regular power cuts in Chennai and hence the facility also runs on Diesel Generator (DG) sets. The proprietary DG synchronizing technology of Sunshot seamlessly integrates the solar power plant with the DG sets in case of power failure from Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB). The EB synchronizing technology makes sure that power is not back-fed in the system, as there is no net metering regulation for industrial and commercial power consumers in Tamil Nadu.
- The solar plant is taking up about 10-15% of the total day-time power requirement of Taj Madras
- Apart from the turnkey solution for solar installation, which includes system designing, procurement, operation & maintenance, Sunshot has also helped in arranging for finance for the system.
- The entire system is monitored online. Sunshot’s proprietary system ensures that the data acquired from inverters and weather station is stored in a cloud network, and is monitored by the client to evaluate various performance parameters. It is also used for conducting preventive maintenance activities.